The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Saturday 17 March 2012

Pioneer To The Falls

Yesterday, I said goodbye to my godfather. He was in every sense of the word epic. Not only was he a military man, but he dedicated his career to public service. He was a wonderful husband, father, grandfather, great grandfather and an extraordinary friend. Most tellingly, he was a man of deep faith and a shining guide of honesty, respect, calm, temperament and humour to me. 
People often ask me who my heroes are based on. Regardless of the random, dodgy and illegal things they do, at their core, they are gentlemen. It's because that's who my godfather was - an absolute gentleman. Incredible really, given he was raised in South London. 
I've put a dedication to him in my next book. It may be inappropriate, but my godfather was a man who had an infinite capacity for love. A unique human being whom I will sorely miss. In that respect, it is completely the right book to dedicate to him. Actually, I may do it for two. 

4 comments:

  1. May his spirit continue and your feelings of loss lessen as time passes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, that's much appreciated. He was so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your lost. My thoughts & prayers are with you & your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete